Why do you get belly fat?There are a number of reasons for belly fat in teenage girls:
- Your genes may be responsible for your tummy pouch.
- Weak metabolism is yet another reason. You must have noticed that some of your friends eat a lot of sugary foods, fried foods or cold drinks and still manage to keep a flat stomach. The reason being these girls have a very good metabolism. If your metabolism is not good, you may have a bloated stomach.
- If the muscles around your abdominal area are saggy, they may lead to fat belly.
- Learn to sit straight from your very childhood. Sitting with a curved back, may result in all the fat to accumulate in your stomach area.
Exercise to reduce tummy:
Dieting and exercise go hand in hand. If you had thought that only dieting will burn your belly fat, then you are wrong. Working out can be quite painful so many of you think of giving it a skip. If you want to really lose weight then you need to include an hour of exercise to reduce belly fat in your daily routine. Here are few exercises to reduce tummy for you!
1. Crunches:Crunches take no.1 position when it comes to fat burning exercises. You have read in magazines and seen all over television that crunches are just magical when it comes to cutting down belly fat. Its time you start doing this ab crunching exercise.
i. Lie down flat on a mat with your knees bent and feet on the ground. Alternatively you can also lift your legs off the floor at 90 degrees angle. (See picture).
ii. Now lift your hands and place them behind your head or keep them crossed on your chest.
iii. Inhale deeply and as you lift your upper torso off the floor, exhale.
iv. Again inhale as you get back down and exhale as you come up.
v. Do this for 10 times as a beginner.
vi. Repeat another 2-3 sets.
One small tip is as you lift your torso; do not just sit up straight. You should be at 30-40 degrees angle off the ground. You’ll feel pressure on your abdominal muscles.
2. Twist crunches:Once you get used to the regular crunches, modify the basic crunch to get a even more effect tummy exercise!
i. Lie down on the floor with your hands behind your head.
ii. Now bend your knees as you would do in crunches keeping your feet on the floor.
iii. As in a crunch you would have lifted your upper torso; in side crunches you just have to lift your right shoulder towards left keeping your left torso on the ground.
iv. Again alternatively, lift your left shoulder towards right keeping your right torso on the ground.
v. Repeat for another 10 times.
3. Side Crunch:Same as twist crunch, only that you have to tilt your legs to the same side simultaneously with your shoulders.
4. Reverse crunches:Time to do reverse crunches.
i. Lie flat on the floor with your hands by your side palms facing the ground.
ii. Lift your legs bent at knees and keep them suspended in the air at 90 degrees angle.
iii. Now lift your hips so as to bring your legs close to your chest. (See picture)
iv. You have to lift your hips applying pressure on your abdomen.
v. Loosen your legs and again bring it to your chest.
5. Vertical leg crunch:
- Lie flat on the floor with your legs extended upwards and one knee crossed over the other.
- Now that you have positioned your body perfectly, do the same as you would have done crunches.
- Do 12-16 crunches upto 3 sets together.
6. Bicycle exercise:No, you don’t need a bicycle for this. Thinking how? We’ll tell you.
i. Lie on the floor and keep your hands either by your side or behind your head as in crunches.
ii. Now lift both your legs off the ground bent at the knees.
iii. Bring your right knee close to your chest keeping your left leg out.
iv. Now take your right leg out and bring your left leg close to your chest.
v. Alternate bending your knees this way as if you are paddling a bicycle.
7. Lunge Twist:This is a beginner workout for starters who want to reduce belly fat fast.
- Stand with your legs hip width apart. Keep knees slightly bent.
- Lift both your hands in front of you keeping them straight with your shoulders.
- Lunge forward as shown in the picture. Take a big step forward with your right leg and sit yourself down as if on a chair so that your knees are at 90 degrees angle from the floor. The left leg should be backwards supported by the toes.
- The spine should be kept straight. Don’t bend your spine forward. That is a very wrong way of performing lunge.
- First twist your torso to the right and then to the left. Twist just the torso, not your legs.
- Continue repeating this for 16 times.
8. Rolling Plank:
- Position yourself on the floor with your knees and elbows.
- Keep your neck aligned with your spine. Look forwards.
- Lift the knees upwards and support your legs on the toes.
- Contract knees and keep breathing normal. This is the plank pose. Stay in this posture for 30 seconds.
- Now start moving to and fro for the next 30 seconds. This is the rolling plank.
9. Side Plank:
- Lie down on the floor sideways.
- Support yourself on your right elbow and right leg. Your elbow should be perpendicular to the shoulder and the left leg should be above the right leg keeping them together.
- Keep your knees straight and your hips shouldn’t be touching the ground.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds. Once you get comfortable, you may hold this for 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat with your other side too.
10. The Vacuum:
- Come down on the ground to sit on all fours, supporting yourself on hands and knees.
- Now inhaling deeply loosen your abdomen.
- As you exhale the breath, tighten the abdomen muscles.
- Hold the abdomen contraction for 15-30 seconds.
- Repeat again.
11. Captain’s chair:
- Sit on a chair with straight spine.
- Keep both hands beside you with palms by the side of your hips facing downwards.
- Inhale deeply.
- Now as you exhale bring both your legs upwards such that your knees are close to your chest. Hold for 5 seconds. Don’t bend forward and arch your back.
- Bring down your leg and repeat again.
12. Bending side to side:This is the best workout to slim down your waist.
- Stand erect with your feet together. Raise your hands above your head in a namaste.
- Now keeping your legs grounded, bend your body to the right as much as possible till you feel a strain on your left waist. Stay for 15 seconds.
- Return back to the original position.
- Now bend left. Retain this position for another 15 seconds.
- Slowly you may increase the holding time to 30 seconds.
Read more: http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/5-exercises-and-5-foods-to-reduce-belly-fat/#ixzz2XcOyCvYi